- Thursday 13 February 2020, 09:45-15:00
- University of Leeds
We are delighted to invite you to take part in our Social Sciences Teachers and Advisors day at University of Leeds 2020.
The day will be a fantastic opportunity to learn and share experiences about the opportunities for students moving into the Social Sciences in Higher Education. Sessions will cover a range of Social Sciences subjects: Law & Criminology, Politics, Sociology & Social Policy, Economics, Business, Accounting and Finance, as well as more specific workshops looking at work placement opportunities, student support, transition skills. The day will end with an open table discussion about transition, and support available to students, as well as responding to sessions from earlier in the day
The purpose of the day is to learn from one another, so that Teachers and Advisors can become more aware of the opportunities and changes within Social Science subjects at the University, and that we at University of Leeds can learn from you as to how we can better support and prepare students, teachers, and schools, in making informed decisions and choices in Higher Education.
Sessions will cover (with more to come!):
- Law at University of Leeds and the impact of the Solicitors Qualifying Exams
- Which Business Degree - a guide to available degree programmes and making suitable choices.
- Working with BTEC students at University of Leeds
- Social Science Foundation Year opportunities
- What does Sociology & Social Policy Look Like: Learning Aims, Objectives and Outcomes
- Academic Skills & Knowledge: How student can critically engage with research and assessments
- Student Voices - Student perspectives on their transition to studying Social Sciences at University of Leeds
- Challenges of the Contemporary Political Landscape on Higher Education for Future Generations.
- Student Experience, Support and Success on Business degree programmes
- Geography: Population & Health Issues
- Which course to choose in the Faculty of Environment
- Q-Step & Nuffield Research Placements: Work placement opportunities
- Plenary - Open Table Discussion